Most of you know that I'm a wedding photographer (on top of running this blog), so obviously photos are super important to me! It also means that sometimes I get to teach my friends photography stuff, like shooting film, and they just so happen to need a subject to shoot ;) I think a lot of photographers don't like being on the other side of the camera, but I actually do. It sounds vein, I know haha, but it's actually great practice for putting yourself in your clients shoes, and I've always been a fan of documenting my own life. This shoot was for my friend Tina, because she decided she wanted to add film into her routine. I've been shooting film for a few years now, and have taught a few of my friends film, as well as teach workshops every year. The colors and the feel of film are unlike anything else! Plus it was the perfect excuse to get photos in my new fav Show Me Your Mumu t-shirt and the MOST comfortable jeans everrrr!! Like seriously, they are so stretchy and I love how high waisted they are.
3 reasons I love film!
1. You can't beat the colors! Not matter how hard you try to replicate it with digital, it just doesn't compare!
2. It slows you down. It makes you think before each shot (because you only have so many per roll and film costs money!), so each photo is more intentional.
3. It's like Christmas morning getting your film scans back!
4. I love the community of film photographers!
5. It made me a better photographer. Not being able to see your results when shooting makes you have to be quicker on your feet! It means really knowing your camera settings and what that will mean for your films outcome.
>> Don't forget, follow me on Instagram to see daily posts!
Shirt: Show Me Your Mumu (christmas gift) // Necklace: Free People (christmas gift) // Sweater: Forever 21 (christmas gift) // Sunglasses: Warby Parker // High waisted skinny jeans: TopShop from Nordstrom // Shoes: Converse (christmas gift) // As always, hair color by House of Cabelo! Mention my name and get $20 off your first service :)
Photos by Loveridge Photography //