We took our first real trip with baby to Montana for 4th of July week. He’s a pretty easy baby so we expected it would go well, but we did plan a few things to hopefully make it easier. I think we packed pretty well, but below I’m going to share the items we brought and think were TOTALLY needed and some items we learned we need to for our next trip to Kauai.
Things we brought and loved having:
1. Dockatot (use this code to get yourself a discount on a dockatot: FRIEND-88XCJCL). We LOVED having it and we carried it on the plane with us. I knew Fischer would want to lay down and that our arms would get tired of holding him on the plane, so we put it across our laps and he loved it. We also used it as his lounger all week long inside and outside, and it’s where he slept at night with us.
3. Bottles & formula. I’d been thinking of cutting down on breastfeeding for a bit now as it’s been fairly painful and we have a hard time doing it when we are on the go (he gets fussy when he isn’t in the perfect position). So I started feeding him formula for his 3 middle of the day feeds and then breastfeeding him for his last feed of the evening, the 4am feeding, and then 8am feeding. This let me feel free during the day when we were out doing things. It would have been pretty hard to breastfeed him all day long while on vacation with other people and I knew I didn’t want to deal with pumping either. If you’re curious, here’s the formula we use: HIPP.
4. Cuddle and Kind doggy. This has become his favorite. He loves cuddling it, holding it, and trying to suck on it.
5. Dockatot Cabana. This was perfect for napping since it made it dark. And it was great for being outside with baby too since it shaded him from the sun.
6. Dockatot toy arch (I added my own toys that I already owned). The aqua and white toy arch is currently on sale!
7. A lot of burp cloths
8. Ergo 360. A stroller wasn’t always something we could take with us, so we needed a way to carry Fischer. We brought our Ergo 360 and loved it. We faced him out so he could see things and loved it!! We used it for a hike and to walk around town.
9. Pulp Co. baby hats. Sure they aren’t cheap, but cute baby hats are extremely rare to find. So I was ok splurging on them :)
10. Baby sunglasses
11. A big sunhat for myself to shade baby. Adam and I both bought straw hats from Hemlock Hat Co.
Things we want to bring for next time that we didn’t this time:
1.A baby monitor that connects to an app on your phone instead of a handheld screen. I love having a separate monitor at home that’s not an app on my phone, but on vacation you tend to be further away from where your baby sleeps and it goes out of range. So we plan to buy a different monitor for vacation next time. We had to have Fischer sleep in random places to keep the monitor in range which got a little bit annoying.
2. A better backpack to stay organized. I still need to find a new diaper bag that has better organization and pockets.
3. The toddler seat attachment for his stroller. We actually didnt use the stroller a ton on this trip, but I know that seat would have been nice since he loves looking out and around now.
4. The sound machine that plugs into the wall. We brought our wireless travel sound machine, but it would be nice to keep that in our backpack for day trips and keep the plug in sound machine in the bedroom.
Shop this post below: