Orange, Blackberry Gluten Free Scones
- 3 cups of Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest together. Cut the butter and coconut oil into the flour using a pastry blender, 2 knives, or your fingertips. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Gently fold in the cranberries. Fold in the vanilla, orange juice, and milk into the flour mixture. Stir just until the dough comes together.
- Scoop out large spoonfuls and arrange the scones 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the scones in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat to 400°F. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and drizzle with glaze.
- Makes about 10 scones!